Fermobs mindset is to design versatile, lightweight furniture free of superfluous elements that shows nature to its best advantage. This extends to design, materials and optimising production processes:
- Fermob builds furniture from steel or aluminium, both of which are 100% recyclable, and one of the few materials with a recycling system economically organised on a global scale. With 88% of metals recycled worldwide, Fermob can guarantee that its furniture is not just recyclable, but actually recycled.
- Paint is solvent-free and applied in Fermobs own zero-release facility. The residues are fully recyclable and are recycled. They do not affect the health of employees or consumers, and safeguard the environment
- 100% of fabric production offcuts and end-of-life fabrics are recycled
- 100% of wood comes exclusively from sustainable, managed, PEFC-certified European forests
- Fermob's product-development teams and designers focus on cutting out superfluous detail, to optimise raw materials and ensure the lightest possible weight
- Products are designed to last, not deteriorate or fall out of fashion
- All packaging is made from recycled cardboard
- Use of plastic or foam is limited to absolute essentials
- Fermob has been ISO 14001 (Environmental Management Systems Standards) certified since March 2010. This standard recognises a program of continuous improvement in environmental performance, which controls impacts caused by operations. It validates all Fermob's long-standing actions, and encourages the brand in its drive to push the principle further
- All production waste is sorted and recycled
- Optimising energy consumption reflected in concrete actions, such as introducing a method of oven-drying metal parts that cuts consumption by 30%, and reducing paint-curing temperature by 10°C
Please get in touch with any questions.