To keep your Fermob furniture in the best possible condition, please follow these instructions for use and maintenance. Please Contact Us if you have any questions about how to care for your furniture.
Please take the greatest of care when unwrapping your furniture so as not to damage it in any way. Marks from knives and scissors, scratches from staples or from placing table tops on the ground, etc., are not covered under the Warranty.
Cleaning and maintenance
Cleaning Fermob furniture
Metal furniture can be cleaned using either clean water or water containing a non-detergent soap. The furniture should then be wiped dry to remove any smears or traces of limescale.
Abrasive sponges should not be used to scrub the furniture, and no abrasive powders or other types of detergent should be used.
For dirt that is more heavily ingrained, you should use either a window-cleaning product that contains alcohol, or a multi-purpose cleaner.
For furniture incorporating both metal and outdoor technical fabric, the fabric should be cleaned with soapy water. For ingrained dirt, you should use a brush and a specific product such as a multi-purpose cleaner.
Maintaining Fermob Furniture
All our products are delivered with pads that protect the furniture feet as well as floor surfaces. These pads prevent any degradation or damage to the feet resulting from contact with the ground, which can sometimes be damp or harsh. We recommend that you replace any lost pads by ordering a new set from us.
- Any scratches should be quickly touched up. If rust begins to appear as a result of a scratch or bump, you should not sand it, but instead, repaint as quickly as possible. We can supply you with touch up paint.
- Moving or folding parts can be additionally protected from the weather by spraying with WD-40 or CRC. This drives out any mositure and protects the iron.
- If t-staining develops on stainless-steel parts, then a polish (liquid or paste only) should be applied as soon as the first traces appear. The sooner action is taken, the less the rust will spread.
- Some Fermob furniture includes wood treated with Textrol® to protect it from the weather. By its very nature, wood requires special care: a wood protector should be regularly applied.
- Do not cover your furniture with a tarpaulin or plastic tablecloth and avoid prolonged contact with any object that can hold water and humidity (such as flower pots, plate stands, etc.): in combination with heat, moisture can damage the appearance of the paint. To prevent moisture retention, we recommend that you tilt tables (using wedges) and chairs (resting against the table and not placed upside down on them) when not in use.
- Table tops should not be covered with plastic sheeting: the chemical components in this type of material can, over time, alter the appearance of the paint as well as its protective anti-corrosion and anti-UV properties.
- Furniture that features OTF (outdoor technical fabric) should be protected from potential damage from contact with sharp objects or sources of heat such as cigarettes.
- Due to the nature of the material used, iron furniture does not react well to salt air. If you are right by the water, we recommend our aluminium products.
- The lifespan of your furniture will vary in relation to the conditions and type of use. To maximise the lifespan of your product, we recommend that you store it in a dry, well-ventilated place during the winter, and ensure it is protected from any knocks and bumps.
- We recommend that you clean off any traces of bird droppings as quickly as possible, as these can be particularly damaging and may lead to the permanent corrosion or staining of your furniture.
Fermob furniture is designed and manufactured using recycled and recyclable materials. To help protect the environment, please remember to take your packaging and any old unwanted furniture to your local waste disposal centre for recycling.